This Privacy Notice explains how DISH Wireless L.L.C. (“DISH,” “we,” or “us”) collects, uses and shares information from you when you use the Project Genesis website (the “Project Genesis Website” or “Website”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to any other DISH services.
The Project Genesis Website provides information about a new 5G wireless network (the “Genesis Service”) and allows you learn more about and request access to the Genesis Service. We will provide more information about the Genesis Service – including its use of personal information – in the near future.
- What Information Do We Collect About You?
- How Do We Use Information About You?
- How Do We Share Information with Others?
- What Choices Do You Have?
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- How Long Do We Maintain Your Personal Information?
- Who Can You Contact with Any Questions or Concerns?
- What about Changes to This Notice?
1. What Information Do We Collect About You?
A. Usage Information
When you use the Website, we automatically collect usage information. Usage information may include your device type and ID, IP address, and location information.
B. Cookies and Other Technologies
Please visit the “What Choices Do You Have?” section for further information, including about Do Not Track and how to disable cookies.
C. Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide us with information about yourself and your interests, as well as your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information that allows us to contact you.
D. Third-Party Information
We also may receive information about you and your household from third parties such as programmers, business partners, consumer reporting agencies, and other data companies to enhance or supplement our records, products, or service offerings. This information may allow us to send you promotions that interest you or serve advertisements to you that match your interests and concerns.
2. How Do We Use Information About You?
We use personal information we collect through and in connection with the Project Genesis Website primarily for business or commercial activities, which may include:
- Operating the Website;
- Contacting you with information about Project Genesis and related services;
- Understanding your use of the Website to improve how it works;
- Obtaining user surveys, recommendations, and reviews;
- Delivering addressable or customized advertising, offers, and other services to you within the Website, via email, or through other web sites and platforms (for more information see Section 4 below);
- Detecting fraud and unauthorized reception of our services;
- Determining whether applicable policies and terms of service are being violated;
- Performing statistical or qualitative research and analysis;
- Maintaining our do not contact lists;
- Complying with law; and
- Other uses as necessary to provide our services.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify personal information and usage information for marketing, to improve the Website, to measure and analyze use of the Website; to provide more relevant marketing and advertising, to measure advertising effectiveness, to conduct market research, and for other analytical and reporting purposes.
3. How Do We Share Information with Others?
A. Service Providers
We may share personal information with to companies that work for or provide services to us (but only as much as is necessary for them to perform the service), such as our:
- Billing processors;
- Software providers;
- Marketing companies;
- Outside auditors and professional advisors;
- Potential business merger, acquisition, or sale partners;
- Regulators, government agencies; and
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies.
B. Protection of DISH’s Employees and Legal Rights
We may also share information about you (including personal information) to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; and to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere.
C. When Required by Law
We may be required by law to comply with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, or where there is a lawful request, to disclose information about you (including personal information) without your consent or notice. We may also be required to disclose personal information to a third party or governmental entity in response to a court order. If the court order is sought by a governmental entity, you should be afforded the opportunity to appear and contest in a court proceeding relevant to the court order any claims made in support of the court order.
D. For Advertising
- To Provide Advertising Relating to Project Genesis or other DISH services. We may use information we have collected or received from or about you through use of the Website or from third parties to provide you with marketing information, offers and advertisements for Project Genesis or other DISH products and services, or to exclude you from receiving certain marketing information, offers or advertisements. Our activities with respect to such marketing information, offers and advertisements may occur on DISH websites and platforms or websites and platforms operated by third parties.
- To provide others with more relevant advertising. We and our advertising partners may also use information collected from or about you by us or our advertising partners and information we obtain about you from third parties to deliver advertising that is targeted for individuals with similar interests. We may combine aggregated and/or de-identified information to create groups based on actual or assumed shared interests and/or factual characteristics. We also combine information about the programming that our customers watch on the Service with their common interests to help us figure out what advertising may be most relevant.
4. What Choices Do You Have?
A. Cookies and Do Not Track
Certain parts of the Website requires cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be automatically recognized upon revisiting and may not be able to use certain features of the Website. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
B. Interest-Based Advertising
To understand your other choices for receiving more relevant online advertising, please review the information below:
1) To learn more about interest-based advertising, and to opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To opt out of targeted advertising through mobile applications, please visit https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
2) To opt out of collection and use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
C. Other Choices About the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You may limit our disclosure of your personal information for “mailing list” purposes by contacting us in writing at the mailing address listed in the contact section below. In any such request, be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and refer to Project Genesis.
5. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits Nevada residents to make certain requests about how their personal information is shared with third parties or affiliated companies. To make such a request, please visit our Privacy Portal and select Nevada.
6. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We use technical, administrative, and procedural safeguard to prevent unauthorized access to or use of personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will protect against all threats to your personal information.
7. How Long Do We Maintain Your Personal Information?
We maintain personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
8. Who Can You Contact with Any Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the Website’s personal information practices, please contact us at the following address:
DISH Wireless L.L.C.
P.O. Box 6655
Englewood, CO 80155-6655
9. What about Changes to This Notice?
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so you should check it frequently. If we will change this Privacy Notice in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice in advance of such changes.
Version: June 7, 2021